As our children approach the age of responsibility, we help them to transition to increasingly larger roles in the life of the church while continuing to teach them what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
This age group has begun to face increasing stress about their self-image; the importance of their grades; peer pressure about sex, drugs, and alcohol; bullying; and simply the need to grow up. The role of the church is to provide a place where they can escape the stress while gaining tools needed for making good Christian decisions and alternatives to less constructive activities.
In addition to continuing their Christian education, we begin involving our youth in the worship service on a regular basis. Monthly on Youth Sunday the youth read the Scriptures, serve as ushers, and provide the music in regular worship.
Youth Ministries include:
• SUNDAY SCHOOL each Sunday morning beginning at 9:30 using International Sunday School Curriculum
• WEDNESDAYS IN THE WORD age-appropriate Bible study beginning at 6:00 p.m.
• YOUTH CHOIR rehearsal each Wednesday evening beginning at 6:30
• VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL 2018 an annual event
• YOUTH SUNDAY second Sunday of each month
• OUTREACH the youth participate in projects and learn about ways to serve God